Windows Spotlight Not Working is the most windows lock screen app problems. There are several common problems on windows spotlight app. The first problem is the picture won’t change or stuck in one picture. The next problems are fun fact, info and tips not showing in the lock screen image.
How to Solve Windows Spotlight Not Working
If you have the same problems, don’t be a worry. There are some tips for you to solve this problem. Below is step by step guide on how to solve Windows Spotlight Not Working:
- Open windows explorer. You can use Windows + E key to open the explorer.
- On the address box of windows explorer type: %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\settings
- This will navigate to the Windows Spotlight Settings folder.
- Delete roaming.lock and settings.dat files.
- Now right click on the desktop.
- Click on personalize menu.
- On the left menu, choose the Lock screen menu.
- On the dropdown menu, choose windows spotlight.
Reset Windows Spotlight from Registry
Try to reset windows spotlight preferences by changing the windows spotlight registry value:
If however, there is something wrong and the Value field is empty, you need to edit the value differently. Rest assured that the value is there.
Click inside the ‘Value’ box and tap the shortcut key Ctrl+A. This will select everything in the field. You still won’t see anything. Next, tap Ctrl+C to copy the selected values. Open Notepad, and tap Ctrl+V to paste the value there.
In the pasted text, look for ‘feedbackProvided’ and set its value to ‘false’. If you’ve provided feedback, this will be set to ‘true’. Change it to ‘false’, and then copy and paste the entire string of parameters to the Value field of the CreativeJson key.