Have you got problems regarding Windows Spotlight? Your lock screen image not changed for no reasons, it stay on one image. This problem occurs to many windows 10 users. There is no definitive cause of this problem. Some users report this problem after getting windows updates. Some users report it occurs without any warning. There is no exact solution for this problem. You have to find what is causing the problems. But If you get this problem on your Windows 10 PC / Laptop, and you have no idea, you can try one of the following fixes.
The Windows Spotlight feature fetch the image from Bing, internet connection is need on this feature. So if you have problems with your internet connection, the feature will stop working on your Windows PC. Make sure you have a proper internet connection on your PC/Laptop.
Windows Prevent Changing Lock Screen Image
Windows spotlight image not changing because the Windows 10 prevent changing lock screen image. This can happen after windows 10 getting updates. Make sure your windows do not prevent changing image. To check this setting on your windows, follow the steps below.
- Right after start menu, on the search box, type “gpedit.msc”.
- Click on Microsoft Common Console Documents.
- On the left menu, expand the Computer Configuration.
- Expand the Administrative Templates.
- Click on the Control Panel menu to expand the submenus.
- Click the Personalization folder and on the right windows, there are some settings.
- Look for the “Prevent Changing lock screen and logon image” settings.
- Make sure it’s disabled or not configured.
- If this setting is enabled, change the value to disabled.
That is the full step on how to change the prevent changing lock screen and logon image on Windows 10 version. If you have the Windows 10 Home Edition, this step would not work. Because the Windows 10 Home edition has no gpedit.msc access.