Microsoft Account is an account to log in to Microsoft site. Furthermore, you can use Microsoft Account to connect to Skype, Office 365, Outlook and much more Microsoft Product. The most favorites programs of Microsoft Account is Microsoft Rewards. This program gives you points for doing some stuff. You can redeem the points to sweepstakes, gift cards, and a donation. You can earn the points by taking a quiz, doing a search on Bing and more stuff. The favorites quiz to take is Windows Spotlight Quiz. This quiz starts from your Windows 10 lock screen app. Just simply click on the “take the quiz” link on your lock screen and the quiz will open in the Edge browser.
Microsoft Account Advantages
There are some advantages of Microsoft Account. Especially if you’re a Windows users and other Microsoft Product. Below are the advantages of having a Microsoft Accounts:
Get apps on the Windows Store
If you’re Windows 10 users, there are so many interesting apps in the Windows Store. Utility apps, entertainments, games, and much more interesting apps. Furthermore, there are so many interesting free apps in this store. To get to the Windows store, you must have Microsoft Accounts.
Get the Microsoft Reward Programs
The Microsoft Reward Programs is Microsoft programs that give you rewards for doing some stuff. The programs are based on the Points. The more points you get, the more rewards you can earn. Most noteworthy, the rewards are not only in Microsoft Products. You can redeem the points to a Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts or Even a Walmart Giftcards. These reward programs need a Microsoft Account to collect the points.
How to Create a Microsoft Account
To create a Microsoft Account you need an Email Address or a Phone Numbers. This is for your user’s ID on the Microsoft Account. You can use any email address such a YMail, Hotmail, Gmail or even your own mail server. Below is the step by step guide on How to Create Microsoft Account:
- From an Internet browser, go to the Microsoft Account Sign Up Page by following the links.
- Choose whether to use an email address or phone number.
- On the example, we use an email address. Fill the email address on the text box.
- After your email address accepted there will show a password creation page.
- Fill your desired password and choose the Next button.
- Fill your first and last name then click on the Next button.
- Choose your Country/Region and your birth date.
- After completing the profile, you have to verify your email address.
- Microsoft will send a confirmation mail to your email.
- Check your mail inbox and search for Microsoft Account verification email.
- Find the verification code within the email. Copy the verification email to the clipboard.
- Back to the sign-up page, paste the verification code into the verification text box.
- Read the Microsoft Services Agreement, Privacy and Cookies Statement.
- Click on the Next Button. There will a captcha image to make sure that you’re a human.
- Fill the captcha image result with no spaces. The captcha letter is case sensitive.
- Then click on the next button to finishing account creation.
- Congratulations, you have a Microsoft account now.